A hen in China has reportedly adopted two orphaned puppy dogs after their mother died. Owner Cao Fengying, of Majiaqiao village, Jiashan town, says the hen was best friends with the puppy’s mother.
But the dog was poisoned just ten days after giving birth to puppies, reports Today Morning.
Cao said: “The hen and the dog had been friends for two years. They would never fight but just play together. I thought the puppies would die after their mother went but the next morning I discovered that the puppies had gone missing. Then I heard the hen clucking in her coop. I looked over and saw that the little puppies were underneath the hen.”
via Hen adopts puppies.
Cao believes she is simply looking out for her friend’s pups.
A Devon woman who eats 30 bars of chocolate a week has just celebrated her 100th birthday. Peggy Griffiths, of Abbotsham, has scoffed an estimated 70,000 Cadbury’s Dairy Milk bars in her time.
Her lifetime chocolate consumption has been estimated at an incredible four tonnes, reports The Sun.
Andy Kaye of Kaye’s Auctions was literally brought to tears yesterday talking about the kindness of some of the good hearts and gentle people attending Kaye’s weekly Thursday night auction. The contents of a storage locker (being sold off due to unpaid storage fees) were on the block when the little boy whose toys were in the lot (about three years old, there with his mom) asked Andy if he could “have some of my toys”.
“Sure,” says Andy…”Go ahead.”
The little guy gathered a pile of toys, then when the auction got underway, a 20-year regular of Kaye’s, Karen, bought a couple of boxes, immediately donating them back to the family. Other bidders followed suit, till at the end of the sale mom and her little guy had a fair amount of their stuff back.
“I’ve been in this business a long time,” says Andy, “and I have to tell you, that was really something. The little guy’s mom certainly had tears in her eyes.”
Bet lots of people did.
via Winnipeg Sun