Oldster's View

Fight Against Maturity

Note to self: Don’t use gasoline to clean the floor

Ananova –

A man blew up his house as he washed his kitchen floor with a cleaning fluid mixed with petrol [when] the fumes were ignited by the boiler in his living room. The blast blew out the bay window and wrecked ceilings and walls in Ron Cox’s home.

Ron had been [trying] to get glue off his kitchen floor tiles. But he found it such hard work he thought petrol would help. Ron was still scrubbing as the fumes wafted through and exploded as they came into contact with the pilot light on the gas boiler.

According to The Sun he said: “I didn’t realise what had happened at first. I couldn’t believe the damage. It was just a cupful. Lucky I was in the kitchen and no one else was in the house.”

He has now moved out of the house in Scunthorpe, Lincs, while it is repaired.

Neighbour Dave Micheson said: “We heard an almighty bang. I rushed round and found Ron shocked but unhurt.” Dave put out a fire in the lounge and dialled 999.

Humberside fire chief Stuart Spence said: “Ron is very lucky. Nobody should ever try to use petrol as a cleaner.”

August 1, 2006 - Posted by | Uncategorized

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: