Oldster's View

Fight Against Maturity

It seemed like a good idea at the time…

A German who tried to fix his leaky air mattress blew up his apartment instead, the fire brigade in the western city of Duesseldorf said Wednesday.

The 45-year-old man used tire repair solvent to plug a hole in his airbed and left it overnight.

But it blew up when he went to inflate it the next day. “A spark from the electric air pump ignited it,” a fire brigade spokesman said.

The blast pushed his living room wall into the building’s stairwell and caused extensive damage to walls, windows and furniture.

via Man tries to fix airbed

Advertisements

July 15, 2009 - Posted by | accident messes, Dumb Stuff, Explosion

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: