That celery you just bought? Wash it. Thoroughly.
A food processing plant in Texas has been shut down after contaminated celery was linked to the deaths of four people.
The victims all died from listeriosis food poisoning after eating chopped celery from the factory in San Antonio.
The rare bacterial infection is particularly dangerous for newborn babies, pregnant women and the elderly.
It can be caused by not washing or cooking raw vegetables properly.
via Mail Online.
- Sangar Food Plant Shut Down: Listeriosis Tainted Celery Recall (nowpublic.com)
- Death by Celery: Yet Another Food Recall (food.change.org)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.