This is definitely one of the strangest natural phenomenon I’ve ever read about.Just imagine dumping enough dish-washing liquid into the ocean to turn all the waves into light and fluffy soap bubbles that are soft enough to blow out of your hand into the air…Well, that’s basically what happened off the coast of Yamba in New South Wales!
More via One Man’s Blog.
Police in Tennessee were called to a funeral home where workers found two intruders sleeping inside caskets.
One man escaped, but police caught and arrested Barrett Lance Hartsock, who was charged with burglary and vandalism over $1,000.
According to police the two did $9000 in damage to the two caskets. Maybe because the funeral home didn’t want to sell two slightly used caskets?
- Intruders found sleeping in funeral home caskets (msnbc.msn.com)
So you’ve blinged up your neck, decorated your ears and added horns to your forehead okay, maybe not the last one. Whats next?
Your eyeballs, thats what. A company is offering contact lenses fitted with real diamonds and gold that you position over the most delicate organ of the human body. No sweat.Thats right, 18 diamonds studded onto an 18-carat gold plate on a special lens is yours for just $15,000 (£9,000.)
via ShortList Magazine.
- Contact Lenses Made from Diamonds & Gold Are Too Much Bling [Dumb] (gizmodo.com)
- Gold Plated, Diamond Encrusted Contact Lenses (presurfer.blogspot.com)
A South African man awoke to find himself in a morgue fridge – nearly a day after his family thought he had died, a health official said Monday.Health department spokesman Sizwe Kupelo said the man awoke Sunday afternoon, 21 hours after his family called in an undertaker who sent him to the morgue after an asthma attack.
- South African man thought to be dead wakes after 21 hours in morgue fridge (guardian.co.uk
- South African ‘Dead’ Man Wakes Up Alive in Morgue – ABC News (news.google.com)
Now a tiny English village is the latest community to claim to be being hit by the phenomenon known as “the hum”.
Residents of Woodland, in County Durham, claim that every night a noise permeates the air similar to the throb of a car engine. It is sometimes so strong that it even shakes the bed of one of the householders.But no matter how hard they look, the community cannot find the source of the problem and, at their wits end, have called in the council to investigate.
- UK village residents plagued by mysterious unexplained ‘humming noise’ (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Tiny village is latest victim of the ‘The hum’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Crown Hill ‘hum’? (myballard.com)
State police in Michigan are trying to find who left what appear to be a grandmother’s cremated remains in an urn at a Goodwill store near Flint.Fenton Goodwill store manager Allen Ryckman says “it’s got to be the No. 1 or No. 2 weirdest item” the store has ever received. He says it appears to have come from a house that was cleaned out.
- Box labeled `grandma’s urn’ left at Goodwill store (hosted.ap.org)
You may be asking for trouble when you commission taxidermy work from someone who is unfamiliar with the species. That was just the case for King Frederick I of Sweden in 1731. The lion was a gift, but after it died, the pelt and bones were presented to a taxidermist who had never seen a lion. You see the result looks more like a cartoon character than the king of beasts.
- The Lion on Gripsholms Slott (neatorama.com)
Models show creations from Netherlands designers Victor and Rolf as part of their Fall-Winter ready-to-wear 2012 fashion collection, presented in Paris, Saturday, March 5, 2011.
A British local council is planning to use excess energy from a crematorium incinerator to heat one of its swimming pools, it emerged today, but critics slammed the proposals as “sick”.
The council in Redditch, a town near Birmingham in central England, said the measure would help reduce its carbon footprint.
- Would You Swim In A Pool That Is Heated By A Crematorium? (businessinsider.com)
- Row Over Crematorium Heating For Swimmers (news.sky.com)